You may have heard somebody refer to themselves as either a web developer or a web designer (or even both). What is the difference? What does a developer do that a designer doesn’t, and vice versa?
We’re going to start here, since the design process comes before developing.
Web designers work in programs such as Adobe Photoshop to create the look of the website. They figure out how things should be laid out, and they create an image of what the final product should look like. Now-a-days, designers usually have to design a mobile version of a website as well as the desktop version. Over 50% of web browsing in done on a mobile device.
This is a much more creative process than developing, and people with this job usually have a good eye for detail and like to create.
Front End Developer
The developer brings the design to life with “code”.
Developers have to make the design fully responsive. Responsiveness is how well the website adapts to different screen sizes (ex. monitor screen vs iPhone screen).
On top of that, developers have the responsiblity of setting fonts and positioning things on the site. They have to link all the pages together to ensure that when you click a link, it goes to the correct place.
It takes both a developer and a designer (or someone who can do both) to create a good looking and fully responsive website. Both roles are just as important to each other, as you can’t have one without the other.
Subscribe To Our E-Newsletter
Microsoft Scam Calls are Still Rampant
Microsoft scam calls have been around for a while, but they’re still detrim…
Windows 7 End of Life Approaches
The Windows 7 end of life date is quickly approaching. If you’re stil…
How to Recycle Technology Responsibly (without compromising
Did you ever wonder how to recycle technology responsibly? Earth Day is a g…
- Do I Need Alignable?
- Facebook Password Reset Scam!
- Why Is It Important To Know Who Owns Your Representative? One Example: Glass-Steagall
- Court Notice Scam
- Timothy Scarberry Construction
- Scam Emails
- How to Survive a Joe Job
- Important Security Notification – Change Your LinkedIn Passwords!
- Cat Tech Tips – Computer Updates
- Michigan Children's Protection Registry : Home A free service: ProtectMiChild - register your kids today and help keep their electronic devices safe.
The Michigan Children's Protection Registry website allows Michigan parents to register their children's electronic contact points for protection from inappropriate messages.
- Get a one-ring call? Don’t call back. ❗#SCAMALERT❗
If you receive a phone call that rings briefly and then stops, do NOT call the number back.
The caller is international and baiting you. Calling back can result in additional charges on your phone bill.
Learn more: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/2019/05/get-one-ring-call-dont-call-back ...
- Father's Day 2019: Cool tech and gadgets for dad #FathersDay is this weekend, and all of us know that it can be hard to buy for dad. The TechRepublic put together this article of cool tech things and gadgets you could get for #FathersDay2019!
Get some ideas here: https://www.techrepublic.com/article/fathers-day-2019-cool-tech-and-gadgets-for-dad/
- Google Analytics is Blocked by Firefox, Mozilla Explains Why [UPDATED] - Search Engine Journal Firefox is now blocking websites like Google Analytics from collecting data by default. This is to encourage privacy, but can make it harder for small businesses to thrive online.
How do you feel about this?: #close" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">https://www.searchenginejournal.com/google-analytics-is-blocked-by-firefox-mozilla-explains-why/311471/#close
Representatives from Mozilla, parent ...
- 10 things in tech you need to know today ❗ The Business Insider put together this article of 10 current tech-related stories for those who like to stay informed on #tech! 💻
👁🗨Check it out here: https://www.businessinsider.com/10-things-in-tech-you-need-to-know-today-june-5-2019-6
Facebook investors want an independent investigation into Mark Zuckerberg's 'outsized' power, and ...
- Microsoft Scam Calls are Still Rampant ❗#SCAM ALERT❗
Tech support phone scams trick hundreds of thousands of people every year. Keep your #money 💲 AND your #computer 💻 safe!
Learn what's going on: https://appletreemediaworks.com/microsoft-scam-calls-are-still-rampant/
Microsoft scam calls have been around for a while, but they’re still ...
- Hit our bio link to know what to do before Microsoft #cancels #Windows7 next January.
#microsoft #windows #securityrisk #security #2020 #upgrade #technology
- Happy #MothersDay! 😃👩👦
- 💻💀 .
#technology #TechnologyRocks #TechnologyTheseDays #technologynews #technologysolutions #technologyfail #technologyart #technologytrends #technologyr #TechnologyIsAwesome #technologysucks #technologyhatesme #technologyinnovation #technologylover #technologyaddict #technologytuesday #technologywitch #technologyrules #technologytakeover #technologycompany #TechnologyforGood #technologyproblems #technologyeducation #TechnologyConsulting #technologyfree #technologyfacts #technologypark #technologyiscool #technologyjobs
- 🤷♂️ .
#technology #TechnologyRocks #TechnologyTheseDays #technologyfail #TechnologyIsAwesome #technologyinnovation #technologytoenjoy #technologylover #technologyaddict #technologytuesday #technologyrules #technologytakeover #TechnologyforGood #technologyproblems #TechnologyConsulting #technologyfree #technologyfacts #technologyiscool
- Chinese Government Holds Back Everyone’s Internet Freedom: A strong example of the problems this world... Chinese Government Holds Back Everyone’s Internet Freedom: A strong example of the problems this world faces with cyber censorship is what is going on in China. The government blocks many websites, searches, and software based on their content. 0 Repin Likes
- EU-US Privacy Shield Still Not Protecting Your Privacy: Still collecting bulk data, problems with the... EU-US Privacy Shield Still Not Protecting Your Privacy: Still collecting bulk data, problems with the judicial redress act, and no true protection for businesses 0 Repin Likes
- Copyright and Social Media: This has become a gray area. Almost everyone is guilty of... Copyright and Social Media: This has become a gray area. Almost everyone is guilty of sharing something on social media, whether it be Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest, that was copyrighted and not yours to share. But what is fair to ... 0 Repin Likes