Last updated: November 3, 2018
Appletree MediaWorks, LLC is a website and online communications company. We make websites for clients, create graphic designs and assist in managing our client’s third party website and email hosting accounts.
Protecting your personal information is important to Appletree MediaWorks, LLC, 8135 Cox’s Drive Ste. 109, Portage, MI 49002, USA (“Appletree MediaWorks” or “we”, “us”, “our”). Please note that Appletree MediaWorks is located outside of the European Union, in the United States, and thus in addition to the General Data Protection Regulation (whenever applicable), U.S. law may apply to certain aspects of having your data collected and processed.
Identity & Access
Based on the consent granted (provided that no other circumstance when processing Personal Information without consent legally applies), we collect information that you have provided to contact you or to identify you personally, such as your name, company name, email address, postal address, phone number, or any other information that identifies you (“Personal Information”). We also collect aggregate information (such as how users access the website). As is true with most websites, we gather web server log file information automatically, such as your browser type, IP address, referring/exit page, and operating system.
When you fill out a contact form on our website, we ask for your name, company name, and contact information. That’s just so we can become familiar with your website needs and the users in your area. We’ll only sign you up to receive our newsletters and mailings if you request us to. We’ll also use the information to send you invoices, updates, or other essential information. We’ll never sell your personal info to third parties, and we won’t use your name or company in marketing statements without your permission, either.
When you write Appletree MediaWorks, LLC with a question or to ask for help, we’ll keep that correspondence, and the email address, for future reference. When you browse our website pages, we’ll track that for statistical purposes (like conversion rates and to test new designs). We also store any information you volunteer, like surveys, for as long as it makes sense.
Sharing Personal Data
The only times we’ll ever share your info:
- To provide products or services you’ve requested, with your permission.
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our contracts, or as otherwise required by law.
Should you breach our Terms of Service, or if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligations, we may disclose your information to a relevant authority. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and risk reduction. Specifically, we may release the information we collect to third parties when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law, to enforce our legal rights, to protect the rights and safety of others, or to assist with industry efforts to control fraud, spam or other undesirable conduct.
- Appletree MediaWorks will keep contact form data for at least one year.
- Appletree MediaWorks will keep applications for job postings for at least one year so that we may review it for future opportunities. Your Personal Information gathered for the purpose of recruitment will not be shared or transferred to any other third party.
Your Rights With Respect to Your Information
You may have heard about the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) in Europe. GDPR gives people under its protection certain rights with respect to their personal information collected by us on the Site. Accordingly, Appletree recognizes and will comply with GDPR and those rights, except as limited by applicable law. The rights under GDPR include:
- Right of Access.This includes your right to access the personal information we gather about you, and your right to obtain information about the sharing, storage, security and processing of that information.
- Right to Correction.This is your right to request correction of your personal information.
- Right to Erasure.This is your right to request, subject to certain limitations under applicable law, that your personal information be erased from our possession (also known as the “Right to be forgotten”). However, if applicable law requires us to comply with your request to delete your information, fulfillment of your request may prevent you from using Appletree MediaWorks services and may result in cancellation of your contract with our company.
- Right to Complain.You have the right to make a complaint regarding our handling of your personal information with the appropriate supervisory authority.
- Right to Restrict Processing.This is your right to request restriction of how and why your personal information is used or processed.
- Right to Object.This is your right, in certain situations, to object to how or why your personal information is processed.
- Right to Portability.This is your right to receive the personal information we have about you and the right to transmit it to another party.
- Right to not be subject to Automated Decision-Making.This is your right to object and prevent any decision that could have a legal, or similarly significant, effect on you from being made solely based on automated processes. This right is limited, however, if the decision is necessary for performance of any contract between you and us, is allowed by applicable European law, or is based on your explicit consent.
Many of these rights can be exercised by simply contacting Appletree MediaWorks in order to update your account information. If you have questions about exercising these rights or need assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (877) 977-1364.
Processors We Use
As part of the services we provide, and only to the extent necessary, we may use certain third party processors to process some or all of your personal information. For identification of these processors, and where they are located see the list below. We have signed appropriate data processing contracts that comply with GDPR with each processor.
- Google Analytics. Web analytics service (We anonymize your Google Analytics IP).
- Vertical Response. E-Newsletter service.
- Amazon Web Services. Cloud services provider.
- 1&1. Website hosting.
Security & Encryption
All data is encrypted via SSL/TLS when transmitted from our servers to your browser. The database backups are also encrypted. Data isn’t encrypted while it’s live in our database (since it needs to be ready to send to you when you need it), but we go to great lengths to secure your data at rest.
When you cancel your account, we’ll remove files with your personal information at your request. If you ask to be removed from our mailing list or to unsubscribe from our emails, we’ll remove you from our lists.
Location of Site and Data
This Site is operated in the United States. If you are located in the European Union or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using our Site, participating in any of our services and/or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
Changes & Questions
Appletree MediaWorks may update this policy, we’ll notify you about significant changes by placing a prominent notice on our website. You can access, change or delete your personal information at any time by contacting our support team.
Subscribe To Our E-Newsletter
Everything You Need to Know About Your Google Business Listi
Google My Business is the tool that allows you to directly edit your busine…
Why You Need an SSL Certificate on Your Website
Have you ever visited a website and been greeted by a warning stating that…
Social Media After Death
As of this year, at least 2.34 billion people worldwide are social media us…
Maintaining Your Company’s Social Media
Being active on social media is almost required to run a successful busines…
Microsoft Scam Calls are Still Rampant
Microsoft scam calls have been around for a while, but they’re still detrim…
- Happy February 14th. 😉 #ValentinesDay2020
- SIM swapping is a scary form of phone number fraud. Here's how to detect it... Sim swapping is a way #hackers gain access to phone numbers, then online accounts. This CNET article talks everything you should know about sim swapping.
- Easy to mix up I suppose...🤣🥞💻
- Easy to mix up I suppose...🤣🥞💻
#technology #TechnologyRocks #TechnologyTheseDays #technologynews #technologysolutions #technologyfail #technologyart #technologytrends #technologyr #TechnologyIsAwesome #technologysucks #technologyhatesme #technologyinnovation #technologytoenjoy #technologylover #technologyaddict #technologytuesday #technologywitch #technologyrules #technologytakeover #technologycompany #TechnologyforGood #technologyproblems #technologyeducation #TechnologyConsulting #technologyfree #technologyfacts #technologypark #technologyiscool #technologyjobs
- Firefighters warn TikTok 'outlet challenge' could cause fire, serious injury A new social media challenge is catching the attention of firefighters. Beware of the TikTok 'outlet challenge'.
- FedEx warns of text message scams claiming to have package information #ScamAlert
Appletree MediaWorks, LLC
- Support for Windows 7 ends today. Upgrading your OS may not require a new device, & it is easy & affordable (the Linux OS is even free).
For more information on Microsoft ending support for Windows 7 and how to...
- That's about as helpful as #AutoCorrect could ever be!
- Happy New Year! Now that the holidays are over...
#alexa #christmas2019 #newyears2019 #happynewyear #technology
- 🎄 Is it Christmas already? 🎅
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Let's hope our New Year's resolutions last this time around..🤣
- What’s going on with TikTok, China, and the US government? #TikTok, a popular short-video sharing app, has found itself in the crosshairs of the #government. Remember, it's always best to know what an app does with your #data before you download it.
- The work of a future @google #analyst 😂 that is a crazy chart drafted up by a little helper here in the office 😁
- Chinese Government Holds Back Everyone’s Internet Freedom: A strong example of the problems this world... Chinese Government Holds Back Everyone’s Internet Freedom: A strong example of the problems this world faces with cyber censorship is what is going on in China. The government blocks many websites, searches, and software based on their content.
- EU-US Privacy Shield Still Not Protecting Your Privacy: Still collecting bulk data, problems with the... EU-US Privacy Shield Still Not Protecting Your Privacy: Still collecting bulk data, problems with the judicial redress act, and no true protection for businesses
- Copyright and Social Media: This has become a gray area. Almost everyone is guilty of... Copyright and Social Media: This has become a gray area. Almost everyone is guilty of sharing something on social media, whether it be Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest, that was copyrighted and not yours to share. But what is fair to ...