Why can’t I run my regular website on a mobile device?
It is possible for your regular online site to run on a mobile device but it is probably not a very good idea. The screen size of the device can dramatically affect the user experience and the overall look of your site.
User Experience Problems:
Your regular site will not be user friendly on a mobile device because everything will be too small. Mobile device users are using their fingers to navigate through your site.
- Small Print and Images – User can’t read the content on your site
- Small Buttons and Menu – User can’t navigate through your site because the buttons and navigation menu is too small to properly touch with their fingers.
Site Design Problems:
Not only can the user not properly use your site but it will also not look very good which can turn away many users.
Zoomed out to fit site on screen causing all above user experience problems
Stays at size of desktop which causes only a portion to be on the screen at a time
A mobile sub-site is an entirely separate site from your desktop site. It is usually prepended by a subdomain, such as “m.domain.com” or “mobile.domain.com”.
Better User Experience – Since it is a separate domain, you can very easily customize the site specifically for mobile users.
Faster Load Time – Since you can minimize the pages down for mobile, it will load faster than a responsive site.
Hurts Organic Search Traffic – Since this is a separate domain name, Google can get confused and badly affect your organic search traffic.
Hurts Search Link Equity – Search link equity is the in-bound traffic from links. Any links shared from your mobile site hurts your primary site’s search link equity since they are not added together.
Not Future Ready – There will be higher maintenance and expense to keep up another domain and there will be future reworking.
Responsive Web Design
Responsive web design is all done in the back-end code of your primary site to automatically re-size the site for mobile device users.
Better For SEO – Since there is only one domain name you do not have to worry about search result problems, complicated redirects, and lost link equity.
Future Ready – There will be no reworking the site to make it mobile since a responsive design is future ready.
Possible Slow Load – If you have a large site with large pages used on a desktop it will most likely load slow on a mobile device.
Need Different User Experience – Sometimes the user experience on a desktop may not be the same user experience you would like to give them on a mobile device. Most of the time a mobile user has different needs that a desktop user and you might want to tailor your site for those needs.
Chance of Error – There is a higher chance of errors since you need to have the proper code for it to render properly on a different screen size. Bad code can create a poor user experience.
Not sure if your site is mobile ready? Verify your site is mobile friendly here
Subscribe To Our E-Newsletter
The Great Phishing Scamdemic
Have you been noticing an abundance of suspicious looking emails flooding y…
Serious Risks to Consider When Socializing Distantly
In today’s crazy world of staying home instead of visiting friends, we’ve a…
Ten Tips on How to be Successful While Working From Home Dur
As a web developer of over 15 years, I’ve spent a lot of time working remot…
- Why Is It Important To Know Who Owns Your Representative? One Example: Glass-Steagall
- Facebook Password Reset Scam!
- Do I Need Alignable?
- There’s an App for Labor Organization
- What’s a Twitter Storm?
- Help Alexa and Siri Find Your Business During Voice Search
- How to Survive a Joe Job
- Scams: Energy Bill Service Scam
- My Computer Files are Being Held for Ransom!
- Ransomware Attacks on Schools: 'Dirty, Rotten Scoundrels' Stop Online Learning It is a risky business out there, and the environment is really crazy.
- Attend this morning's zoom class or watch some old Muppets episodes? Hard call, but similar comedy 🤡👩💻
- Cloudflare Blames CenturyLink for Sunday's Internet Blackout Anyone have some internet issues today?
- How (and why) Zoom Fatigue is Messing with Your Mind - and How to Fix... There has been an unintended side effect of all this time spent on video calls. It’s called Zoom burnout, and it’s very real.
- How to tag on Instagram and why you should - GoDaddy Blog Curious what all the #hastags are about on #instagram? 📚📖 Read On:
- Happy February 14th. 😉 #ValentinesDay2020
- Easy to mix up I suppose...🤣🥞💻
#technology #TechnologyRocks #TechnologyTheseDays #technologynews #technologysolutions #technologyfail #technologyart #technologytrends #technologyr #TechnologyIsAwesome #technologysucks #technologyhatesme #technologyinnovation #technologytoenjoy #technologylover #technologyaddict #technologytuesday #technologywitch #technologyrules #technologytakeover #technologycompany #TechnologyforGood #technologyproblems #technologyeducation #TechnologyConsulting #technologyfree #technologyfacts #technologypark #technologyiscool #technologyjobs
- That's about as helpful as #AutoCorrect could ever be!
- Happy New Year! Now that the holidays are over...
#alexa #christmas2019 #newyears2019 #happynewyear #technology
- Chinese Government Holds Back Everyone’s Internet Freedom: A strong example of the problems this world... Chinese Government Holds Back Everyone’s Internet Freedom: A strong example of the problems this world faces with cyber censorship is what is going on in China. The government blocks many websites, searches, and software based on their content.
- EU-US Privacy Shield Still Not Protecting Your Privacy: Still collecting bulk data, problems with the... EU-US Privacy Shield Still Not Protecting Your Privacy: Still collecting bulk data, problems with the judicial redress act, and no true protection for businesses
- Copyright and Social Media: This has become a gray area. Almost everyone is guilty of... Copyright and Social Media: This has become a gray area. Almost everyone is guilty of sharing something on social media, whether it be Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest, that was copyrighted and not yours to share. But what is fair to ...