Google is now ranking mobile-friendly websites higher than those that are not mobile ready.
Is Your Site Ready for Google?
Listen in to Appletree MediaWorks on TheUnionEdge.com on 4/28 at 1:30pm for help.
Is Your Website Mobile-Friendly?
If not, Google may now penalize your ranking for it.
The other day while browsing the web on my phone during lunch, I clicked on a link to an article that sounded interesting, only to find that the site was impossible to read. The text was tiny – I could zoom way in, but then I had to scroll to the side repeatedly to read anything. It was a frustrating experience, and I hit the ‘back’ button before getting far.
Don’t let users have that same experience on your website.
How can you tell if your site is mobile-friendly?
1) If you search for your site in a mobile web-browser, do you see the words, “Mobile-Friendly” next to your search entry in Google search? If not, Google isn’t seeing your site as mobile-friendly.
2) If you view your page, is text very small? Do you have to pinch-and-drag to read the site?
3) Do things seem too wide to view properly?
4) Is your site very difficult to navigate without zooming way in? Are links small and too close together to touch accurately with your finger?
If you still aren’t sure, Google has a Mobile-Friendly Test to check your site out on.
What if your site isn’t mobile-friendly?
The Mobile-Friendly Test will give links and tips on why your site isn’t mobile-friendly, and what to do about it. The most complicated issues can generally be resolved by converting a website to a responsive WordPress theme.
Mobile-Friendliness is not the only the thing to determine Google rank, but small businesses and organizations are most likely to lose out since the change. And with many people using their phones to look up information and local websites, making sure your website is accessible to everyone can only help.
We here at Appletree MediaWorks use responsive, mobile-ready themes when building our most recent websites for clients. If you’d like some help, give us a call and we can work you through your options.
Subscribe To Our E-Newsletter
Serious Risks to Consider When Socializing Distantly
In today’s crazy world of staying home instead of visiting friends, we’ve a…
Ten Tips on How to be Successful While Working From Home Dur
As a web developer of over 15 years, I’ve spent a lot of time working remot…
How to Stay Safe Online During the COVID-19 Outbreak
The COVID-19 outbreak has taken the world by surprise. In these unprecedent…
- Facebook Password Reset Scam!
- Why Is It Important To Know Who Owns Your Representative? One Example: Glass-Steagall
- Help Alexa and Siri Find Your Business During Voice Search
- Common Email Scams to Lookout For
- Web Designer Vs. Web Developer
- Phishing for Paypal
- Advertising Online for your Business
- Safe Harbor Rule Invalidated, How it Affects You
- Wishing you and your family a safe and Happy 4th of July 🎉🎇🎆🇺🇸
- Microsoft: Beware this massive phishing campaign using malicious Excel macros to hack PCs | ZDNet 🔥🦠🔥PSA: Watch out for an email from "Johns Hopkins University" and has an Excel attachment which claims to have stats about the number of coronavirus deaths in America. If you open that attachment and click on 'Enable Content', it will ...
- Be Safe, Be like Squatch 👣
- Hang in there guys, we’re 5/12 thru 2020. 🤡
- Everything you need to know about the new Exposure Notification System, automatically coming to a phone near you in May. 📲 https://www.macrumors.com/guide/exposure-notification/
#COVID #Exposure #Tracking
- Facebook Unveils New 'Care' Reactions to Help Express Responses to COVID-19 Have you used the new 'Care' reaction or extra 'Love' reaction on #Facebook yet?
- Chinese Government Holds Back Everyone’s Internet Freedom: A strong example of the problems this world... Chinese Government Holds Back Everyone’s Internet Freedom: A strong example of the problems this world faces with cyber censorship is what is going on in China. The government blocks many websites, searches, and software based on their content.
- EU-US Privacy Shield Still Not Protecting Your Privacy: Still collecting bulk data, problems with the... EU-US Privacy Shield Still Not Protecting Your Privacy: Still collecting bulk data, problems with the judicial redress act, and no true protection for businesses
- Copyright and Social Media: This has become a gray area. Almost everyone is guilty of... Copyright and Social Media: This has become a gray area. Almost everyone is guilty of sharing something on social media, whether it be Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest, that was copyrighted and not yours to share. But what is fair to ...
- How Your Devices are Tracking you and How to Stop it: Apple, Microsoft, and Android How Your Devices are Tracking you and How to Stop it: Apple, Microsoft, and Android
- Being Safe while Downloading Apps: With how many apps are downloaded it is always a... Being Safe while Downloading Apps: With how many apps are downloaded it is always a good idea to stay safe while downloading. You must take precautions, learn where to download, and do your research.