Windows 10 Is Coming
What is that little square windows icon in the corner? Where did it come from and why isn’t it going away?
Microsoft is going to release Windows 10 in the near future. Since they want everyone to upgrade, they are using that square in the system tray – that icon – a notice to get people to ‘reserve a copy’ in advance. If you click on the icon it will walk you through the ‘reservation’ and Microsoft will let you know when Windows 10 is available. They released the icon with the last Windows upgrade.
When does it come out?
Windows 10 is supposed to come out on July 29.
How much does it cost?
Windows 10 is going to be free to Windows 7 and 8 users choosing to upgrade within the first year. From there Microsoft has not been very clear on what happens. There will also be a few different versions for Phone, tablets, and higher end users.
Why is there no Windows 9?
The joke is that 7 ate 9? Every second version of Windows is not so good so they just skipped one? Seriously though, there is a lot of ambiguity there and nobody has had a very good answer.
How is Windows 10 different?
I have not used it myself, but from what I understand it is said to have a lot of the good points of 7 and 8. People were not big on the tiles for Windows and were angry the start menu went away. The start menu comes back for Windows 10 (though they still keep some of the tile use.) If anything it should be an easier jump than from 7 to 8.
Will my old computer handle it?
It is said that it is supposed to be lighter-weight and easier on resources than 8 or 7, so it should play nice with even that old laptop sitting on the shelf.
Is it going to be good or bad?
A lot of people who have used the demo version are pleasantly surprised and say it is an improvement over 8. I am definitely going to upgrade my Windows 8 machine to try it out.
Internet explorer is going away. They haven’t said what the new browser is yet, but the code name is ‘Spartan.’
Subscribe To Our E-Newsletter
Serious Risks to Consider When Socializing Distantly
In today’s crazy world of staying home instead of visiting friends, we’ve a…
Ten Tips on How to be Successful While Working From Home Dur
As a web developer of over 15 years, I’ve spent a lot of time working remot…
How to Stay Safe Online During the COVID-19 Outbreak
The COVID-19 outbreak has taken the world by surprise. In these unprecedent…
- Facebook Password Reset Scam!
- Why Is It Important To Know Who Owns Your Representative? One Example: Glass-Steagall
- Do I Need Alignable?
- How to Survive a Joe Job
- Common Email Scams to Lookout For
- Phishing for Paypal
- Advertising Online for your Business
- Safe Harbor Rule Invalidated, How it Affects You
- Wishing you and your family a safe and Happy 4th of July 🎉🎇🎆🇺🇸
- Microsoft: Beware this massive phishing campaign using malicious Excel macros to hack PCs | ZDNet 🔥🦠🔥PSA: Watch out for an email from "Johns Hopkins University" and has an Excel attachment which claims to have stats about the number of coronavirus deaths in America. If you open that attachment and click on 'Enable Content', it will ...
- Be Safe, Be like Squatch 👣
- Hang in there guys, we’re 5/12 thru 2020. 🤡
- Everything you need to know about the new Exposure Notification System, automatically coming to a phone near you in May. 📲 https://www.macrumors.com/guide/exposure-notification/
#COVID #Exposure #Tracking
- Facebook Unveils New 'Care' Reactions to Help Express Responses to COVID-19 Have you used the new 'Care' reaction or extra 'Love' reaction on #Facebook yet?
- Chinese Government Holds Back Everyone’s Internet Freedom: A strong example of the problems this world... Chinese Government Holds Back Everyone’s Internet Freedom: A strong example of the problems this world faces with cyber censorship is what is going on in China. The government blocks many websites, searches, and software based on their content.
- EU-US Privacy Shield Still Not Protecting Your Privacy: Still collecting bulk data, problems with the... EU-US Privacy Shield Still Not Protecting Your Privacy: Still collecting bulk data, problems with the judicial redress act, and no true protection for businesses
- Copyright and Social Media: This has become a gray area. Almost everyone is guilty of... Copyright and Social Media: This has become a gray area. Almost everyone is guilty of sharing something on social media, whether it be Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest, that was copyrighted and not yours to share. But what is fair to ...
- How Your Devices are Tracking you and How to Stop it: Apple, Microsoft, and Android How Your Devices are Tracking you and How to Stop it: Apple, Microsoft, and Android
- Being Safe while Downloading Apps: With how many apps are downloaded it is always a... Being Safe while Downloading Apps: With how many apps are downloaded it is always a good idea to stay safe while downloading. You must take precautions, learn where to download, and do your research.