Internet Data Privacy Laws for Website Owners You’re probably tired of having to “Agree to Terms” to check out websites. Are you confused by the sudden increase of these kinds of popups on websites you’ve been visiting for years? New legislation is the reason for these boxes and notices. Data privacy and security have become […]Read More →
on March 10, 2016in Politics, Securitytags: bulk data collection, Collecting data, Data, DPA, essential equivalence, EU-US Privacy Shield, European Union, max schrems, NSA, Privacy, Privacy Act of 1974, Privacy Shield, Safe Harbor, Spying, Trans-Atlantic data tranfer, United States, US Judicial Redress Act, WP29
EU-US Privacy Shield Still Not Protecting Your Privacy Full text of the new draft EU-US Privacy Shield was released February 29th but has not been signed yet. They have made some changes from the previous Safe Harbor Agreement. While some are good improvements, some seem to have not changed how our data is handled at […]Read More →
on December 2, 2015in Securitytags: Data Storage, Data Transfer, European Union, Microsoft, Privacy, Safe Harbor, Safe Harbor Agreement, Safe Harbor Agreement 2.0, Safe Harbor Pact, Transatlantic Trade
The Data Safe Harbor Rule The Safe Harbor Rule was established in 2000 between the European Union (EU) and the United States (US). This agreement allowed businesses to legally funnel information across the Atlantic. Such data is normally transferred during global commerce, email correspondence, and even social media communication. Europe has stricter privacy guidelines to protect its […]Read More →
What is the Facebook Data Use Policy? Facebook is updating its policies again, a move which will inevitably lead to another round of people declaring that the company is selling their 852 photos of Jr. and posting custom legalese on their timelines in an attempt to contradict whatever new policies the company has written. Is Facebook […]Read More →
Subscribe To Our E-Newsletter
Ten Tips on How to be Successful While Working From Home Dur
As a web developer of over 15 years, I’ve spent a lot of time working remot…
How to Stay Safe Online During the COVID-19 Outbreak
The COVID-19 outbreak has taken the world by surprise. In these unprecedent…
Google Images are Not Free
Images are a great way to catch eyes on your website, social media, and eve…
- Facebook Password Reset Scam!
- Do I Need Alignable?
- Why Is It Important To Know Who Owns Your Representative? One Example: Glass-Steagall
- What’s a Twitter Storm?
- Help Alexa and Siri Find Your Business During Voice Search
- Common Email Scams to Lookout For
- There’s an App for Labor Organization
- Why Labor Unions Need Social Media
- Good WordPress Administrator Names
- Anyone pull off some good April Fool's Day pranks on their family? If not, at least share a family friendly joke with us.
- Guidelines for Cleaning Devices in the Workspace to Limit the Spread of COVID-19 | Zebra... There are so many items hands touch besides door knobs. Check out how to clean #COVID19 off your office devices without breaking them 🦠🤚🚧
- Don't get us wrong, we're thankful to still be working!
- So true!! It's going to be even harder to convince our programmers to come out of quarantine when this is all over. 😆
- Let's Encrypt Revoking 3 Million TLS Certificates Issued Incorrectly Due to a Bug A heads up for Let's Encrypt SSL Certificate users 🚧💻
- Google Images are Not Free Using images from #Google can end up costing you tons of money. 💰🚫
- Timeline Photos We're excited to say that performancefieldhouse.com is up and running.
Checking facility availability and purchasing time is easy with the online booking system we've implemented.
We've loved working with Performance FieldHouse. Go check out their new site!
- Lots of spam email have been finding their way into our main inbox recently. Be cautious before clicking a link and lookout for signs of spam.
Here is an article we did about common spam emails to watch out for:
- Happy February 14th. 😉 #ValentinesDay2020
- Easy to mix up I suppose...🤣🥞💻
#technology #TechnologyRocks #TechnologyTheseDays #technologynews #technologysolutions #technologyfail #technologyart #technologytrends #technologyr #TechnologyIsAwesome #technologysucks #technologyhatesme #technologyinnovation #technologytoenjoy #technologylover #technologyaddict #technologytuesday #technologywitch #technologyrules #technologytakeover #technologycompany #TechnologyforGood #technologyproblems #technologyeducation #TechnologyConsulting #technologyfree #technologyfacts #technologypark #technologyiscool #technologyjobs
- That's about as helpful as #AutoCorrect could ever be!
- Happy New Year! Now that the holidays are over...
#alexa #christmas2019 #newyears2019 #happynewyear #technology
- Chinese Government Holds Back Everyone’s Internet Freedom: A strong example of the problems this world... Chinese Government Holds Back Everyone’s Internet Freedom: A strong example of the problems this world faces with cyber censorship is what is going on in China. The government blocks many websites, searches, and software based on their content.
- EU-US Privacy Shield Still Not Protecting Your Privacy: Still collecting bulk data, problems with the... EU-US Privacy Shield Still Not Protecting Your Privacy: Still collecting bulk data, problems with the judicial redress act, and no true protection for businesses
- Copyright and Social Media: This has become a gray area. Almost everyone is guilty of... Copyright and Social Media: This has become a gray area. Almost everyone is guilty of sharing something on social media, whether it be Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest, that was copyrighted and not yours to share. But what is fair to ...