Evolution of Website Content
Facebook “Live” videos are the craze right now, this makes sense as we’re seeing video content represent almost 70% of internet traffic. Two Million videos are uploaded every day! A recent survey showed that consumers prefer to watch a video about a product or service over reading about it 4 to 1. One would have never imagined making a career out of videoing yourself playing video games, but that is now a viable career for many of today’s YouTube stars.
Video backgrounds are one of the biggest requests we’re getting from our clients looking to update their websites.
Be a Show Off
If you’re part of an organization get your phone out at every event and training. Capture some pictures of your event, let people see your organization in action. Share those photos to your social media and add them into articles on your website about the event. Mark them as featured images too so that when visitors share your articles your photos show as social media thumbnails.
Keep an area on your cloud storage for just photos. If you use a program like Dropbox invite members to add their photos to a “deposit” folder, then move them to your permanent photo storage folder. Organize them by year and rename them by event and date to make them easier to search for later.
What to Be Aware Of
There are a couple of things to keep in mind while creating visual content for your website.
Keep This Confidential
Some trainings and workplace photos and videos may also be prohibited for confidentiality and business trade reasons. Always double check with those in charge or a facility manager before taking and posting footage in a private business. On a side note, unless posted you generally can take photos and video of public events.
Not everyone wants to be on social media or on webpages. Maybe announce when taking a photo that you’re going to add it to your organization’s website or social media. Those that don’t want to be featured will likely tell you. Or better yet include a clause about photos in your membership documentation so you have permission to use images of the membership. Keep in mind many families do not want their children’s pictures and names on the internet, so be sure to ask families before taking pictures of children.
A whopping 85% of videos are watched on Facebook with the sound off, so consider adding captions to your videos you’re posting on Facebook.
With today’s phones and tablets equipped with great cameras its easy to capture video. Many affordable programs have come online that help newbies create compelling images without a graphic design background. Programs like Stencil and Canva make visual marketing easy for everyone. You can also turn your photos into videos with free software like iMovie.
Subscribe To Our E-Newsletter
Serious Risks to Consider When Socializing Distantly
In today’s crazy world of staying home instead of visiting friends, we’ve a…
Ten Tips on How to be Successful While Working From Home Dur
As a web developer of over 15 years, I’ve spent a lot of time working remot…
How to Stay Safe Online During the COVID-19 Outbreak
The COVID-19 outbreak has taken the world by surprise. In these unprecedent…
- Facebook Password Reset Scam!
- Do I Need Alignable?
- Why Labor Unions Need Social Media
- Why Is It Important To Know Who Owns Your Representative? One Example: Glass-Steagall
- Social Media Copyright Issues: Fair Use or Infringement?
- How to Survive a Joe Job
- Why Is It Important To Update Your Website?
- Windows 10 Is Malware
- Should you build your website on WordPress or Wix or Weebly?
- Wishing you and your family a safe and Happy 4th of July 🎉🎇🎆🇺🇸
- Microsoft: Beware this massive phishing campaign using malicious Excel macros to hack PCs | ZDNet 🔥🦠🔥PSA: Watch out for an email from "Johns Hopkins University" and has an Excel attachment which claims to have stats about the number of coronavirus deaths in America. If you open that attachment and click on 'Enable Content', it will ...
- Be Safe, Be like Squatch 👣
- Hang in there guys, we’re 5/12 thru 2020. 🤡
- Everything you need to know about the new Exposure Notification System, automatically coming to a phone near you in May. 📲 https://www.macrumors.com/guide/exposure-notification/
#COVID #Exposure #Tracking
- Facebook Unveils New 'Care' Reactions to Help Express Responses to COVID-19 Have you used the new 'Care' reaction or extra 'Love' reaction on #Facebook yet?
- Chinese Government Holds Back Everyone’s Internet Freedom: A strong example of the problems this world... Chinese Government Holds Back Everyone’s Internet Freedom: A strong example of the problems this world faces with cyber censorship is what is going on in China. The government blocks many websites, searches, and software based on their content.
- EU-US Privacy Shield Still Not Protecting Your Privacy: Still collecting bulk data, problems with the... EU-US Privacy Shield Still Not Protecting Your Privacy: Still collecting bulk data, problems with the judicial redress act, and no true protection for businesses
- Copyright and Social Media: This has become a gray area. Almost everyone is guilty of... Copyright and Social Media: This has become a gray area. Almost everyone is guilty of sharing something on social media, whether it be Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest, that was copyrighted and not yours to share. But what is fair to ...
- How Your Devices are Tracking you and How to Stop it: Apple, Microsoft, and Android How Your Devices are Tracking you and How to Stop it: Apple, Microsoft, and Android
- Being Safe while Downloading Apps: With how many apps are downloaded it is always a... Being Safe while Downloading Apps: With how many apps are downloaded it is always a good idea to stay safe while downloading. You must take precautions, learn where to download, and do your research.