Mobile Friendly Websites Are A Must
It’s official – internet traffic from mobile devices has surpassed traffic from desktop systems. That may or may not surprise you. If you need help suspending your doubt, simply open your mobile’s app library. You’ll soon notice that a vast number of apps rely on internet access to varying degrees. From social media platforms to workplace productivity applications, more and more of the global digital landscape is trending toward mobile-first usage. As this trend continues, ensuring your website is mobile friendly is more vital to your success than ever before.
Social Media And Mobile Traffic
Love it or hate it, social media has had a profound influence on the traffic shift from desktop to mobile. Two platforms – Facebook and YouTube – presently make up over 30% of mobile traffic. Though the day’s preferred platform is constantly in flux, people are spending more time on social media overall. Every major social media hub is geared toward mobile-first access. For example, have you ever tried using Instagram on a proper computer? Better yet, you’ll need a pile of good luck to send your next snap story from a computer, as SnapChat is mobile-exclusive as far as real usage is concerned. This increased attention on social media is impacting time spent on mobile devices. Meeting your customers where they spend time is common sense in the world of business marketing. Don’t focus on desktop tuning while your next customer is checking out the competition from their smart phone.
Similarly, social media has become a powerful tool for brand engagement and customer relations. Consumers expect the brands they support to be attuned to their needs and wants, and assume they can easily move between the digital places controlled by those brands. Part of that assumption is derived from the expectation that websites can be easily navigated on mobile devices. According to a 2016 study conducted by Google, 53% of mobile customers will abandon a website if it takes more than 3 seconds to load. Accordingly, this has a direct affect on a site’s bounce-rate and packs a punch when looking at search engine ranking results.
Mobile Online Buying and Selling
For e-commerce sites, mobile optimization is crucial to success. Large retailers like eBay and Amazon have even developed mobile apps to allow users to easily access every feature of their site! Seamless shopping allows customers to add an item to their cart on a desktop and complete the purchase from a hand held device. Mobile optimized sites streamline the purchase process and encourage shoppers to spend more. Nearly 8 in 10 mobile shoppers report spending more time and making more impulse buys on device friendly websites.
Trends to Consider for Mobile Friendly Sites in 2018
Beyond the numerous reasons to optimize your website for mobile, it is essential to understand how to make the most of it:
- Your text should be easily readable and simplified to target your customers. Zooming in to read long chunks of irrelevant copy will quickly exhaust a user’s patience.
- Consider how mobile users will interact with your website. Desktop and laptop users enjoy the luxury of mouse navigation. Mobile displays require large buttons and scrolling column layouts to allow for quick and easy exploration.
- Page load speed is crucial. Users expect immediate information from their mobile devices. Your customers will flee if your page takes more than 3 seconds to load.
- Photos and Images Should be Prominent and High-Quality. The images you use should be relative to your content and used sparingly. Images also attract and retain attention, so high-quality images are crucial.
How to Recycle Technology Responsibly (without compromising
Did you ever wonder how to recycle technology responsibly? Earth Day is a g…
How Does Facebook Know Everything About Me?
You may have noticed Facebook and its subsidiaries (Instagram, Messenger, e…
Google Plus Will Soon Be Negative
Google Plus has remained unpopular since its start in 2011. After multiple…
- Do I Need Alignable?
- How to Recycle Technology Responsibly (without compromising your security)
- Facebook Password Reset Scam!
- Social Media Copyright Issues: Fair Use or Infringement?
- Court Notice Scam
- Why Do People Buy Apps?
- Good WordPress Administrator Names
- How to Survive a Joe Job
- Important Security Notification – Change Your LinkedIn Passwords!
- Huawei's alternative OS to Android set to roll out as early as fall #Huawei phones are going to stop receiving #Android updates this summer. Their alternative OS might be available as soon as fall of this year.
In March, amid a tightening trade war between the U.S. and China, Huawei consumer group ...
- Galaxy S10 5G's insane Verizon data speeds are only the first step to real 5G 5G is already extremely fast. Will it be worth the extra cost?
Samsung's new phone topped 1Gbps download speeds during last week's tests, but the network still has a long way to go.
- Google to allow automatic deletion of location, web history Many people don't think about clearing up their browser clutter. Doing so can help improve performance. Chrome will be able to do it automatically now.
Google is rolling out a feature that will allow users to automatically delete some ...
- Timeline Photos All Galaxy Fold devices were recently recalled. Maybe this device is too far ahead of its time. What do you think? Check it out here:
- Records retention guidelines to remember during spring cleaning Just how long do you need to keep all those receipts now that your taxes are done? The article below answers that question. Thanks Small Business Association of Michigan!
By Yeo & Yeo CPAs & Business Consultants Warm weather and ...
- How to Recycle Technology Responsibly (without compromising your security) It's #EarthDay! It's important to get rid of your old tech properly to help maintain our environment's health as well as our own.
Did you ever wonder how to recycle technology responsibly? Earth Day is a good time
- How Does Facebook Know Everything About Me? Have you ever noticed that it seems like your phone is always listening to you? Do the advertisements you see know exactly what you're thinking? There is an explanation.
You may have noticed Facebook and its subsidiaries ...
- So close. Had to move the potting soil out of the way to get to the shovel. 🙃❄️🌨🌬