The content within your newsletter can greatly affect your readership and business. Read on to learn what to include in your newsletter and how to organize it to more effectively generate leads.
Digital Versus Paper Newsletters
Digital Newsletter Pros:
Cheaper – Everyone is looking for a way to save money and sending out an electronic newsletter can cost much less than running a traditional mail equivalent.
Easy Distribution – Email is much easier to manage than paper mail. Email address lists are usually easier to keep up to date than mailing addresses. And with near instant delivery, you can send out newsletters much more frequently than by paper mail.
Better Targeted Audience – Since a user must opt in, you are marketing to a more targeted, engaged audience.
Gain More Audience – A digital newsletter has a better chance of being shared than its paper equivalent. An online share opens your marketing up to a much wider audience, which drives more traffic to your website.
Use of Statistics – Most email marketing services provide statistics including open, click, bounce, and unsubscribe rates. These statistics can help you better tailor your content to your audience. If your open rate is low maybe you need a more interesting and eye-catching subject line, for example.
Digital Newsletter Cons:
Easily Ignored or Lost – Amongst the barrage of emails people receive on a daily basis, your newsletter can easily be overlooked.
Viewed as Spam – Your subscribers’ email provider might tag your newsletter as spam. It’s a good idea to encourage your subscribers to add your newsletter’s FROM address to their address book. This prevents email programs from flagging your newsletters as spam.
What should be in your Newsletter
90% Educational and 10% Promotional – Promoting yourself too much can be a major turn off. If your newsletter constantly makes a subscriber feel pressured to buy, they will likely unsubscribe.
Instead, include content that educates the subscriber or has relevant information that ties in with the items/services you are promoting.
Creative Subject Lines – A good subject is the first thing people see. Interesting subject lines entice users to click. Read some tips for creating a good subject line.
Another option is to use the same subject line each time you send out your newsletter. This may seem boring but can build a sense of familiarity with your subscriber base so they do not accidentally delete your messages.
One Main Call to Action – Most of the time you will have many call-to-actions within your newsletter, but make sure to highlight only one of them so as no to overwhelm your readers.
Straight Forward Design – Stay away from long paragraphs and bullet your information. This makes it easier to read and keeps your audience interested.
Shares, Links, and Unsubscribe – Include an easy share button. Many times if your audience likes your content they will want to share it.
Have links to your website and any other websites you may have a partnership with.
Always give your readers the option to unsubscribe. If your unsubscribe feature does not work, it will frustrate your subscribers and probably get you blacklisted for violating the CAN-SPAM Act.
Contact Information – Have your business contact information prominently displayed in your newsletter.
Photos – Have a balance between photos and text. Having too many of either can make your email look like spam. Try to spread your photos out and link them back to a relevant web page.
Let Appletree Mediaworks Help you
Need help designing, managing, and sending your newsletter?
Let Appletree Mediaworks take care of your newsletter. We will work with you as often as needed to gather content, design the template, manage your email list, and schedule your newsletter. We stay up with all the latest technology trends and laws so you can focus on running your business.
Subscribe To Our E-Newsletter
Everything You Need to Know About Your Google Business Listi
Google My Business is the tool that allows you to directly edit your busine…
Why You Need an SSL Certificate on Your Website
Have you ever visited a website and been greeted by a warning stating that…
Social Media After Death
As of this year, at least 2.34 billion people worldwide are social media us…
- Facebook Password Reset Scam!
- Do I Need Alignable?
- Protect Your Smartphone From Malware
- Take A Stand Against PIPA & SOPA Acts
- Google Event. The Good and The Bad.
- Windows 10 Is Malware
- Why Is It Important To Know Who Owns Your Representative? One Example: Glass-Steagall
- Ways to Move Up in Search Engine Results
- Perks of being a #developer. Dreading the drive home though...😅
Here's a pic from the office. .
#snow #winter #michigan #michiganweather #christmas #coding #webdevelopment
- Windows 7 End of Life Approaches As we're approaching the #holidays❄🎄, keep in mind that you should update your #Windows7 machines to continue receiving updates.
- Google Confirms Android Camera Security Threat: ‘Hundreds Of Millions’ Of Users Affected ‼ #Google and #Samsung phone users ‼
There is a confirmed #vulnerability in your camera app. #Hackers can gain access to your camera through a malicious app, then take pictures, videos, record phone calls, and more. Be sure to keep ...
- This would be REAL progress for #Facebook. 🤣
- 🍎If you're experiencing issues with location and time on your #Apple device, you may have missed an #important update. Don't worry, it is still possible to update, but you'll need to use iTunes.
How to update: http://ow.ly/zj1750x2GmE
More info: http://ow.ly/N8GX50x2GmDAs of November 3, 2019, some iPhone and iPad models introduced in 2012 and earlier require an iOS update to resume accurate GPS location. This is due to the GPS time rollover issue that began affecting GPS-enabled products from other ...Update your iPhone or iPad software if you're experiencing issues with location, date, and time
📱 If your older Apple device is not updated to version 10.3.4 or above, make sure you do so before 8:00 PM (EST) this Saturday or you'll lose the ability to access the internet and online features.
More info ...Starting just before 12:00 a.m. UTC on November 3, 2019,* iPhone 5 will require an iOS update to maintain accurate GPS location and to continue to use functions that rely on correct date and time including App Store, iCloud, email, ...Update your iPhone 5 to continue using App Store, iCloud, email, web, and other services
- Happy #LaborDay from us at Appletree! We will be closed to observe the holiday. #UnionStrong
- You may have seen this photo circulating social media (specifically Instagram) for a while now. Head of @instagram, @mosseri, has came out and said that there is no truth to it.
#hoax #instagram #privacypolicy
- Have YOU signed up for our bi-weekly #eNewsletter yet? Don't miss important #security and #TechTips, helpful products, and #scams going around.
Press the link in our bio to see what you're missing and subscribe for #FREE!
- Self control is hard sometimes, I get it.
#amazon #primeday #shopping #selfcontrol #onlineshopping #amazonprime
- The great grandkids are bezel-less! 📱
#bezelless #bezellessdisplay #iphone #smartphone #technology #newtech #meme #techmeme #techjoke #funnytech
- We want to wish you all a safe and happy 4th of July! 🎇🎆
- 🤣 #wiretap #alexa #googlehome
- Chinese Government Holds Back Everyone’s Internet Freedom: A strong example of the problems this world... Chinese Government Holds Back Everyone’s Internet Freedom: A strong example of the problems this world faces with cyber censorship is what is going on in China. The government blocks many websites, searches, and software based on their content.
- EU-US Privacy Shield Still Not Protecting Your Privacy: Still collecting bulk data, problems with the... EU-US Privacy Shield Still Not Protecting Your Privacy: Still collecting bulk data, problems with the judicial redress act, and no true protection for businesses
- Copyright and Social Media: This has become a gray area. Almost everyone is guilty of... Copyright and Social Media: This has become a gray area. Almost everyone is guilty of sharing something on social media, whether it be Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest, that was copyrighted and not yours to share. But what is fair to ...