It’s that time of year again when everyone is trying to find the perfect presents for their friends and loved ones. This year’s online sales are sky-rocketing from customers shopping online on days such as Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday. Customers should consider some of our online shopping security tips before exchanging their personal […]Read More →
In a digital age, sending out email newsletters instead of paper newsletters has become much more popular. And why not? The marketing potential of cheap, nearly instant communication with interested customers is difficult to overstate. The content within your newsletter can greatly affect your readership and business. Read on to learn what to include in […]Read More →
on December 2, 2015in Securitytags: Data Storage, Data Transfer, European Union, Microsoft, Privacy, Safe Harbor, Safe Harbor Agreement, Safe Harbor Agreement 2.0, Safe Harbor Pact, Transatlantic Trade
The Data Safe Harbor Rule The Safe Harbor Rule was established in 2000 between the European Union (EU) and the United States (US). This agreement allowed businesses to legally funnel information across the Atlantic. Such data is normally transferred during global commerce, email correspondence, and even social media communication. Europe has stricter privacy guidelines to protect its […]Read More →
on November 18, 2015in Techtags: Airbnb, Airbnb disaster relief program, crisis, disaster relief, Facebook, Facebook safety check, Google, Google Crisis, Google Crisis Map, Google Person Finder, internet crisis alerts, Paris Attacks, Twitter, Twitter alerts
Everyone has heard about the recent Paris Attacks on November 13th. Many people have found that the Internet helps in a crisis. The Internet can help to coordinate relief efforts while providing essential communication services to the unfortunate individuals involved in a disaster. Google Crisis Google has created some powerful tools to help save the […]Read More →
Advertising your business online can boost your sales and website traffic if done the correct way. There are many different ways and places to advertise online. Already have online ads? You may need to do some updates for today’s mobile world. Creating online ads has a good portion of planning before you place an advertisement. […]Read More →
How to use Web Analytics for your business Analytics is data analysis that usual involves taking past data to find trends and effects or decisions or events. It can also compare old data with new data using a given tool or scenario. In the sense of your online part of your business this can help […]Read More →
Scam emails are a very popular and while most email services have a spam sorting feature built in, not all will be sorted properly. Scams can look like they came from a friend, a business you interact with or do not interact with, federal agencies, charities, or complete strangers. There are ways to notice whether […]Read More →
Google held their press event on Tuesday, September 19th in San Francisco announcing many new products such as the Nexus 6P and 5X, the new Chromecast 2, Chromecast Audio, and the Pixel C. They also announced their new Operating System. Nexus 6P This was the most anticipated product coming out of Google and is considered […]Read More →
With the recent scares about Android’s ‘StageFright 2.0’ bug, that you get by opening a MP3 or MP4 file, it might get your wondering more about whether you have or had a bug on your phone. Different malware includes adware, bug, spyware, Trojan horse, virus, and many more (Learn more about Malware types ) There are some […]Read More →
Children Around the World Learning Code What does it have to offer: “It’s no longer just ‘learn to code’… [it’s] a ‘code to learn’ philosophy.” Learning to code offers more than just that, it teaches other outside of coding that relates to other school subjects and generally life skills. Tynker has a great table of […]Read More →
Subscribe To Our E-Newsletter
Google Images are Not Free
Images are a great way to catch eyes on your website, social media, and eve…
Everything You Need to Know About Your Google Business Listi
Google My Business is the tool that allows you to directly edit your busine…
Why You Need an SSL Certificate on Your Website
Have you ever visited a website and been greeted by a warning stating that…
- Do I Need Alignable?
- Facebook Password Reset Scam!
- Help Alexa and Siri Find Your Business During Voice Search
- Why Is It Important To Know Who Owns Your Representative? One Example: Glass-Steagall
- Safe Harbor Rule Invalidated, How it Affects You
- Court Notice Scam
- Important Security Notification – Change Your LinkedIn Passwords!
- Everything You Need to Know About Your Google Business Listing
- Timeline Photos We're excited to say that performancefieldhouse.com is up and running.
Checking facility availability and purchasing time is easy with the online booking system we've implemented.
We've loved working with Performance FieldHouse. Go check out their new site!
- Lots of spam email have been finding their way into our main inbox recently. Be cautious before clicking a link and lookout for signs of spam.
Here is an article we did about common spam emails to watch out for:
- Happy February 14th. 😉 #ValentinesDay2020
- SIM swapping is a scary form of phone number fraud. Here's how to detect it... Sim swapping is a way #hackers gain access to phone numbers, then online accounts. This CNET article talks everything you should know about sim swapping.
- Easy to mix up I suppose...🤣🥞💻
- Easy to mix up I suppose...🤣🥞💻
#technology #TechnologyRocks #TechnologyTheseDays #technologynews #technologysolutions #technologyfail #technologyart #technologytrends #technologyr #TechnologyIsAwesome #technologysucks #technologyhatesme #technologyinnovation #technologytoenjoy #technologylover #technologyaddict #technologytuesday #technologywitch #technologyrules #technologytakeover #technologycompany #TechnologyforGood #technologyproblems #technologyeducation #TechnologyConsulting #technologyfree #technologyfacts #technologypark #technologyiscool #technologyjobs
- Firefighters warn TikTok 'outlet challenge' could cause fire, serious injury A new social media challenge is catching the attention of firefighters. Beware of the TikTok 'outlet challenge'.
- FedEx warns of text message scams claiming to have package information #ScamAlert
Appletree MediaWorks, LLC
- Support for Windows 7 ends today. Upgrading your OS may not require a new device, & it is easy & affordable (the Linux OS is even free).
For more information on Microsoft ending support for Windows 7 and how to...
- That's about as helpful as #AutoCorrect could ever be!
- Happy New Year! Now that the holidays are over...
#alexa #christmas2019 #newyears2019 #happynewyear #technology
- 🎄 Is it Christmas already? 🎅
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Let's hope our New Year's resolutions last this time around..🤣
- Chinese Government Holds Back Everyone’s Internet Freedom: A strong example of the problems this world... Chinese Government Holds Back Everyone’s Internet Freedom: A strong example of the problems this world faces with cyber censorship is what is going on in China. The government blocks many websites, searches, and software based on their content.
- EU-US Privacy Shield Still Not Protecting Your Privacy: Still collecting bulk data, problems with the... EU-US Privacy Shield Still Not Protecting Your Privacy: Still collecting bulk data, problems with the judicial redress act, and no true protection for businesses
- Copyright and Social Media: This has become a gray area. Almost everyone is guilty of... Copyright and Social Media: This has become a gray area. Almost everyone is guilty of sharing something on social media, whether it be Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest, that was copyrighted and not yours to share. But what is fair to ...