EU-US Privacy Shield Still Not Protecting Your Privacy Full text of the new draft EU-US Privacy Shield was released February 29th but has not been signed yet. They have made some changes from the previous Safe Harbor Agreement. While some are good improvements, some seem to have not changed how our data is handled at […]Read More →
on March 10, 2016in Politics, Securitytags: bulk data collection, Collecting data, Data, DPA, essential equivalence, EU-US Privacy Shield, European Union, max schrems, NSA, Privacy, Privacy Act of 1974, Privacy Shield, Safe Harbor, Spying, Trans-Atlantic data tranfer, United States, US Judicial Redress Act, WP29
Who are the NSA? The National Security Agency (NSA) is a powerful United States intelligence organization. Basically, they are responsible for collecting, processing, and monitoring global data for intelligence purposes. The NSA has a stated role to advance national security while protecting the freedoms, civil liberties, and privacy rights guaranteed by the Constitution and federal law. […]Read More →
Social media copyright issues have become a hot topic in recent months. Nearly everyone has shared something on social media that was copyrighted by someone else. But what is fair to use on social media and what infringes on the rights of the copyright holder? Is it fair use or infringement? If you do not […]Read More →
Is your smart phone spying on you? In short, yes. Follow the simple guide below to find out how to protect yourself. Apple Frequent Locations iPhones track your location data down to the minute. Who uses this information: Third party advertisement: If you visit a shoe store, you might receive shoe advertisements. Apps: Apps may […]Read More →
As of July 2015, the Google App Store has 1.6 million apps and the Apple App Store has 1.5 million apps. With an ever-growing universe of apps available, the chances of getting a compromised or infected app are on the rise. More than 85 billion apps have been downloaded from the Apple App Store since October of […]Read More →
on February 3, 2016in Web Developmenttags: AppleTreeUnionMediaWorks, centralized database, Data, database, governement, Labor Unions, Member Data Systems, member experience, Security, user friendly, web/mobile intergration
Many large organizations – specifically labor unions – struggle trying to keep their member data updated and accessible. Without a centralized database, the most up-to-date vital pieces of information often find their way into a collection of personal spreadsheets and sticky notes rather than somewhere useful. But what makes a centralized database somewhere useful in the […]Read More →
Today it has become more and more common to hear about someone feeling tired even though they got enough sleep. Your smartphone may be to blame. Our electronics tend to distract us from going to bed, disrupt our sleep with constant sounds, and hurt our health with their blue light. According to PEW Research “44% of cell […]Read More →
Since there are so many available, you may have a difficult time choosing the best web browser for you. Since they each have unique advantages and disadvantages, it can become overwhelming to find exactly what you’re looking for. Therefore, we put together this handy guide to help you find the best web browser (for you). […]Read More →
We get this question the time: How do I increase traffic to my website? Our staff here at Appletree MediaWorks studies Google’s newest algorithms all the time, because it is our job to increase web traffic for our clients. We have a developer on staff who spends most of her day doing SEO – search […]Read More →
on January 13, 2016in Web Developmenttags: design, mobile device, mobile ready, mobile site, mobile site versus responsive web design, mobile traffic, pros and cons mobile, responsive web design, rwd, user experience
Through 2015, mobile device have been on the rise. According to Statista, in 2015 about 75% of mobile phone owners in the US accessed the Internet using their mobile phone. Everyone wants to do everything on their phones and tablets that they used to do on their desktop. In 2016, if your website is not […]Read More →
How to Recycle Technology Responsibly (without compromising
Did you ever wonder how to recycle technology responsibly? Earth Day is a g…
How Does Facebook Know Everything About Me?
You may have noticed Facebook and its subsidiaries (Instagram, Messenger, e…
Google Plus Will Soon Be Negative
Google Plus has remained unpopular since its start in 2011. After multiple…
- Do I Need Alignable?
- How to Recycle Technology Responsibly (without compromising your security)
- Facebook Password Reset Scam!
- Social Media Copyright Issues: Fair Use or Infringement?
- Court Notice Scam
- Why Do People Buy Apps?
- Good WordPress Administrator Names
- How to Survive a Joe Job
- Important Security Notification – Change Your LinkedIn Passwords!
- Huawei's alternative OS to Android set to roll out as early as fall #Huawei phones are going to stop receiving #Android updates this summer. Their alternative OS might be available as soon as fall of this year.
In March, amid a tightening trade war between the U.S. and China, Huawei consumer group ...
- Galaxy S10 5G's insane Verizon data speeds are only the first step to real 5G 5G is already extremely fast. Will it be worth the extra cost?
Samsung's new phone topped 1Gbps download speeds during last week's tests, but the network still has a long way to go.
- Google to allow automatic deletion of location, web history Many people don't think about clearing up their browser clutter. Doing so can help improve performance. Chrome will be able to do it automatically now.
Google is rolling out a feature that will allow users to automatically delete some ...
- Timeline Photos All Galaxy Fold devices were recently recalled. Maybe this device is too far ahead of its time. What do you think? Check it out here:
- Records retention guidelines to remember during spring cleaning Just how long do you need to keep all those receipts now that your taxes are done? The article below answers that question. Thanks Small Business Association of Michigan!
By Yeo & Yeo CPAs & Business Consultants Warm weather and ...
- How to Recycle Technology Responsibly (without compromising your security) It's #EarthDay! It's important to get rid of your old tech properly to help maintain our environment's health as well as our own.
Did you ever wonder how to recycle technology responsibly? Earth Day is a good time
- How Does Facebook Know Everything About Me? Have you ever noticed that it seems like your phone is always listening to you? Do the advertisements you see know exactly what you're thinking? There is an explanation.
You may have noticed Facebook and its subsidiaries ...
- So close. Had to move the potting soil out of the way to get to the shovel. 🙃❄️🌨🌬