It has come to our attention that 6.46 million LinkedIn passwords have been obtained by a Russian hacker. Fortunately, the leaked passwords are lightly encrypted. The time to change your password is right now while the hackers are still busy trying to crack the encryption. Although LinkedIn has not released an official statement about this, […]Read More →
We’ve heard it all before. Salespeople love to take off in the middle of the day for important “business meetings” at the local brewery… “I’m just going to meet with a client and go over… my proposal.” Salespeople tend to spend more time on the road than in the office. To a cubicle-imprisoned employee, it […]Read More →
You may have heard about Protect-IP (PIPA) and the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) currently under consideration in Congress. We would like to make sure you are aware of Appletree MediaWorks official position on SOPA. As a national provider of online Web services, we oppose the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) or Protect-IP (PIPA) Acts […]Read More →
Quick Response (QR) codes became a fast spreading phenomenon as soon as the technology was released for public use in 2011. Designed originally for use in the auto industry for tracking vehicle parts, these matrix-style barcodes became popular in printed media for their quick readability and large storage size. A single QR code can store […]Read More →
In an already crowded online social media world, it seems like the last thing anybody wanted to see was yet another place to share information with each other. In a very “we know what you want better than you do” Apple-like move, Google has now done just that, unleashing its second attempt onto the scene […]Read More →
In 2010 many of us were fortunate enough to see The Social Network – David Fincher’s Oscar award winning drama about the turbulent rise of Facebook. The film’s portrayal of Mark Zuckerberg, the founder of Facebook, captured the attention of film critics with as much unblinking enthusiasm as today’s youth afford “The Facebook” itself. Teens have […]Read More →
To a budding or established company on the web, the possibility of cyber attacks is very real and can be damaging to your reputation if not handled correctly. One of the worst of such online threats is the all-too-common “Joe Job” attack. Essentially, a Joe Job attack happens when an attacker sends fake (spoofed) spam […]Read More →
Below we have our Appletree MediaWorks commercial airing on The Union Edge, WFRN Talk Radio Show. Take a listen to below! Our Creative Services team can provide your company with the best possible solution with the services we have to offer. Follow this link to our services page, exploring all the services Appletree MediaWorks has […]Read More →
Subscribe To Our E-Newsletter
Ten Tips on How to be Successful While Working From Home Dur
As a web developer of over 15 years, I’ve spent a lot of time working remot…
How to Stay Safe Online During the COVID-19 Outbreak
The COVID-19 outbreak has taken the world by surprise. In these unprecedent…
Google Images are Not Free
Images are a great way to catch eyes on your website, social media, and eve…
- Facebook Password Reset Scam!
- Do I Need Alignable?
- Social Media Copyright Issues: Fair Use or Infringement?
- Why Is It Important To Know Who Owns Your Representative? One Example: Glass-Steagall
- Cat Tech Tips: Cleaning the Computer
- Good WordPress Administrator Names
- Social Media After Death
- Important Security Notification – Change Your LinkedIn Passwords!
- Scams: Energy Bill Service Scam
- So true!! It's going to be even harder to convince our programmers to come out of quarantine when this is all over. 😆
- Let's Encrypt Revoking 3 Million TLS Certificates Issued Incorrectly Due to a Bug A heads up for Let's Encrypt SSL Certificate users 🚧💻
- Google Images are Not Free Using images from #Google can end up costing you tons of money. 💰🚫
- Timeline Photos We're excited to say that performancefieldhouse.com is up and running.
Checking facility availability and purchasing time is easy with the online booking system we've implemented.
We've loved working with Performance FieldHouse. Go check out their new site!
- Lots of spam email have been finding their way into our main inbox recently. Be cautious before clicking a link and lookout for signs of spam.
Here is an article we did about common spam emails to watch out for:
- Happy February 14th. 😉 #ValentinesDay2020
- SIM swapping is a scary form of phone number fraud. Here's how to detect it... Sim swapping is a way #hackers gain access to phone numbers, then online accounts. This CNET article talks everything you should know about sim swapping.
- Easy to mix up I suppose...🤣🥞💻
- Easy to mix up I suppose...🤣🥞💻
#technology #TechnologyRocks #TechnologyTheseDays #technologynews #technologysolutions #technologyfail #technologyart #technologytrends #technologyr #TechnologyIsAwesome #technologysucks #technologyhatesme #technologyinnovation #technologytoenjoy #technologylover #technologyaddict #technologytuesday #technologywitch #technologyrules #technologytakeover #technologycompany #TechnologyforGood #technologyproblems #technologyeducation #TechnologyConsulting #technologyfree #technologyfacts #technologypark #technologyiscool #technologyjobs
- Firefighters warn TikTok 'outlet challenge' could cause fire, serious injury A new social media challenge is catching the attention of firefighters. Beware of the TikTok 'outlet challenge'.
- That's about as helpful as #AutoCorrect could ever be!
- Happy New Year! Now that the holidays are over...
#alexa #christmas2019 #newyears2019 #happynewyear #technology
- Chinese Government Holds Back Everyone’s Internet Freedom: A strong example of the problems this world... Chinese Government Holds Back Everyone’s Internet Freedom: A strong example of the problems this world faces with cyber censorship is what is going on in China. The government blocks many websites, searches, and software based on their content.
- EU-US Privacy Shield Still Not Protecting Your Privacy: Still collecting bulk data, problems with the... EU-US Privacy Shield Still Not Protecting Your Privacy: Still collecting bulk data, problems with the judicial redress act, and no true protection for businesses
- Copyright and Social Media: This has become a gray area. Almost everyone is guilty of... Copyright and Social Media: This has become a gray area. Almost everyone is guilty of sharing something on social media, whether it be Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest, that was copyrighted and not yours to share. But what is fair to ...