Oftentimes you’ll come across an article or website that you find interesting and want to share it with your friends. Most websites nowadays have sharing buttons integrated, which allow users to choose how they’d like to share the information, whether it be through social media, email, messaging, etc. From a web design standpoint, this is […]Read More →
One of the most important (but also the most neglected) areas of computing is backing up your data. Most people assume they’re safe because they’ve never experienced a disaster in the past, but they are sadly mistaken. Disasters will happen, at some point, and you will be kicking yourself later if you neglect this important […]Read More →
It has come to our attention that 6.46 million LinkedIn passwords have been obtained by a Russian hacker. Fortunately, the leaked passwords are lightly encrypted. The time to change your password is right now while the hackers are still busy trying to crack the encryption. Although LinkedIn has not released an official statement about this, […]Read More →
We’ve heard it all before. Salespeople love to take off in the middle of the day for important “business meetings” at the local brewery… “I’m just going to meet with a client and go over… my proposal.” Salespeople tend to spend more time on the road than in the office. To a cubicle-imprisoned employee, it […]Read More →
You may have heard about Protect-IP (PIPA) and the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) currently under consideration in Congress. We would like to make sure you are aware of Appletree MediaWorks official position on SOPA. As a national provider of online Web services, we oppose the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) or Protect-IP (PIPA) Acts […]Read More →
Quick Response (QR) codes became a fast spreading phenomenon as soon as the technology was released for public use in 2011. Designed originally for use in the auto industry for tracking vehicle parts, these matrix-style barcodes became popular in printed media for their quick readability and large storage size. A single QR code can store […]Read More →
In an already crowded online social media world, it seems like the last thing anybody wanted to see was yet another place to share information with each other. In a very “we know what you want better than you do” Apple-like move, Google has now done just that, unleashing its second attempt onto the scene […]Read More →
In 2010 many of us were fortunate enough to see The Social Network – David Fincher’s Oscar award winning drama about the turbulent rise of Facebook. The film’s portrayal of Mark Zuckerberg, the founder of Facebook, captured the attention of film critics with as much unblinking enthusiasm as today’s youth afford “The Facebook” itself. Teens have […]Read More →
To a budding or established company on the web, the possibility of cyber attacks is very real and can be damaging to your reputation if not handled correctly. One of the worst of such online threats is the all-too-common “Joe Job” attack. Essentially, a Joe Job attack happens when an attacker sends fake (spoofed) spam […]Read More →
Below we have our Appletree MediaWorks commercial airing on The Union Edge, WFRN Talk Radio Show. Take a listen to below! Our Creative Services team can provide your company with the best possible solution with the services we have to offer. Follow this link to our services page, exploring all the services Appletree MediaWorks has […]Read More →
Subscribe To Our E-Newsletter
The Great Phishing Scamdemic
Have you been noticing an abundance of suspicious looking emails flooding y…
Serious Risks to Consider When Socializing Distantly
In today’s crazy world of staying home instead of visiting friends, we’ve a…
Ten Tips on How to be Successful While Working From Home Dur
As a web developer of over 15 years, I’ve spent a lot of time working remot…
- Facebook Password Reset Scam!
- Why Is It Important To Know Who Owns Your Representative? One Example: Glass-Steagall
- How to Download Apps Safely
- What’s a Twitter Storm?
- Cat Tech Tips: Cleaning the Computer
- TriCity Lightning Baseball & Softball
- EMV Chip and PIN Credit Cards
- There’s an App for Labor Organization
- Good WordPress Administrator Names
- How to recycle your old phone, laptop, TV and batteries for free A win for those with resolutions to declutter or be nice to the environment this year. I'd never heard of Cell Phones For Soldiers before!
- Looking forward to adding more cool photos this 2021! 🤩📷
- We wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas! 🎄❤️🎁💚🎅
- Merry Christmas from our awesome programmers! 🎅🎄
- Merry Christmas from our web designers!
- Tis the season!! Best of luck to all the Santa's out there shopping! 🎅🤶🎁
- The year is 1997.
You: *struggling to write a letter*
Clippy: Would you like some assistance with that?
- Sometimes technology can be scary 😳
- Be prepared to wrap pictures of your gifts this year 😂🎅🎁
- Headphones are a must in our offices!
- Chinese Government Holds Back Everyone’s Internet Freedom: A strong example of the problems this world... Chinese Government Holds Back Everyone’s Internet Freedom: A strong example of the problems this world faces with cyber censorship is what is going on in China. The government blocks many websites, searches, and software based on their content.
- EU-US Privacy Shield Still Not Protecting Your Privacy: Still collecting bulk data, problems with the... EU-US Privacy Shield Still Not Protecting Your Privacy: Still collecting bulk data, problems with the judicial redress act, and no true protection for businesses
- Copyright and Social Media: This has become a gray area. Almost everyone is guilty of... Copyright and Social Media: This has become a gray area. Almost everyone is guilty of sharing something on social media, whether it be Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest, that was copyrighted and not yours to share. But what is fair to ...
- How Your Devices are Tracking you and How to Stop it: Apple, Microsoft, and Android How Your Devices are Tracking you and How to Stop it: Apple, Microsoft, and Android
- Being Safe while Downloading Apps: With how many apps are downloaded it is always a... Being Safe while Downloading Apps: With how many apps are downloaded it is always a good idea to stay safe while downloading. You must take precautions, learn where to download, and do your research.