Appletree MediaWorks has just joined up with Alignable. Haven’t heard of it yet? Alignable is a newer social media network created especially for small local businesses, encouraging communication and collaboration. This kind of digital networking may prove to be immensely useful at a time when Facebook seems determined to shut out small businesses, and Google is encouraging “local” as the next big thing. If you are asking, “Do I need Alignable?” read on, for more info.
What Is It?
Alignable is a web-based platform much like other social media such as Facebook or G+. In this case, however, it is specifically geared toward B2B. Its purpose is to link up local businesses to collaborate and communicate to increase their customer base within a set region, such as a town or city.
Do We Need Another Platform?
Why is that significant, you ask? And how is it useful? It is said that small local businesses often feel disconnected from other local businesses and without a good network around them to keep in contact, to advertise, to ask for advice or help as needed. Main street can sometimes become a ghost town overnight when areas are less walkable. While traditional advertising is expensive, the most loyal customers are probably no more than ten minutes away. People like local businesses – if they can find what they are looking for.
How Does It Work?
Alignable seeks to network these small businesses for cross-contact, advertising, advice, and a general feeling of connection with the community and other local business owners. Own a local pet grooming business, and wish you had a little more contact with the local pet supplies businesses to share info and cross-market? That’s exactly what Alignable seeks to do.
The platform is set up for posts to let you connect with newcomers to add to your network. It allows for connection posts with other organizations, promotions to share with Facebook, and the platform lets other users share your promotions as well. You can make posts to ask questions or get opinions from other local business owners or groups in your town or city, getting info or feedback about relevant topics that others may already have experience in.
Is It Worth The Time?
Alignable’s effort is ultimately to merge two important points: the relevance for businesses and organizations to focus on local, and the ongoing effort to overcome Facebook’s breakup with small businesses and marketing. At the moment, Alignable is by invitation only. The company offers its platform for free, but there are plans for premium offers down the road.
Is Alignable worth it? Only time will tell, but initial tests have shown that collaboration among local businesses improved reach of local customers by 50 percent. And if nothing more, it helps a business or organization meet the neighbors. Local customers are still the most loyal, and Alignable is geared right toward that.
If you’re interested in helpful tech tips, subscribe to our newsletter!
Subscribe To Our E-Newsletter
Ten Tips on How to be Successful While Working From Home Dur
As a web developer of over 15 years, I’ve spent a lot of time working remot…
How to Stay Safe Online During the COVID-19 Outbreak
The COVID-19 outbreak has taken the world by surprise. In these unprecedent…
Google Images are Not Free
Images are a great way to catch eyes on your website, social media, and eve…
- Facebook Password Reset Scam!
- Do I Need Alignable?
- Why Is It Important To Know Who Owns Your Representative? One Example: Glass-Steagall
- Help Alexa and Siri Find Your Business During Voice Search
- What’s a Twitter Storm?
- Common Email Scams to Lookout For
- There’s an App for Labor Organization
- Why Labor Unions Need Social Media
- Good WordPress Administrator Names
- Anyone pull off some good April Fool's Day pranks on their family? If not, at least share a family friendly joke with us.
- Guidelines for Cleaning Devices in the Workspace to Limit the Spread of COVID-19 | Zebra... There are so many items hands touch besides door knobs. Check out how to clean #COVID19 off your office devices without breaking them 🦠🤚🚧
- Don't get us wrong, we're thankful to still be working!
- So true!! It's going to be even harder to convince our programmers to come out of quarantine when this is all over. 😆
- Let's Encrypt Revoking 3 Million TLS Certificates Issued Incorrectly Due to a Bug A heads up for Let's Encrypt SSL Certificate users 🚧💻
- Google Images are Not Free Using images from #Google can end up costing you tons of money. 💰🚫
- Timeline Photos We're excited to say that performancefieldhouse.com is up and running.
Checking facility availability and purchasing time is easy with the online booking system we've implemented.
We've loved working with Performance FieldHouse. Go check out their new site!
- Lots of spam email have been finding their way into our main inbox recently. Be cautious before clicking a link and lookout for signs of spam.
Here is an article we did about common spam emails to watch out for:
- Happy February 14th. 😉 #ValentinesDay2020
- Easy to mix up I suppose...🤣🥞💻
#technology #TechnologyRocks #TechnologyTheseDays #technologynews #technologysolutions #technologyfail #technologyart #technologytrends #technologyr #TechnologyIsAwesome #technologysucks #technologyhatesme #technologyinnovation #technologytoenjoy #technologylover #technologyaddict #technologytuesday #technologywitch #technologyrules #technologytakeover #technologycompany #TechnologyforGood #technologyproblems #technologyeducation #TechnologyConsulting #technologyfree #technologyfacts #technologypark #technologyiscool #technologyjobs
- That's about as helpful as #AutoCorrect could ever be!
- Happy New Year! Now that the holidays are over...
#alexa #christmas2019 #newyears2019 #happynewyear #technology
- Chinese Government Holds Back Everyone’s Internet Freedom: A strong example of the problems this world... Chinese Government Holds Back Everyone’s Internet Freedom: A strong example of the problems this world faces with cyber censorship is what is going on in China. The government blocks many websites, searches, and software based on their content.
- EU-US Privacy Shield Still Not Protecting Your Privacy: Still collecting bulk data, problems with the... EU-US Privacy Shield Still Not Protecting Your Privacy: Still collecting bulk data, problems with the judicial redress act, and no true protection for businesses
- Copyright and Social Media: This has become a gray area. Almost everyone is guilty of... Copyright and Social Media: This has become a gray area. Almost everyone is guilty of sharing something on social media, whether it be Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest, that was copyrighted and not yours to share. But what is fair to ...